- 1 Is it worth visiting Limassol?
- 2 What is Limassol like in Cyprus?
- 3 Does Limassol have a beach?
- 4 What is there to do in Cyprus now?
- 5 Which is the nicest part of Cyprus?
- 6 Is Limassol expensive?
- 7 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 8 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 9 Which is better Paphos or Larnaca?
- 10 Where are the best sandy beaches in Cyprus?
- 11 Is Limassol Cyprus safe?
- 12 What are the beaches like in Limassol?
- 13 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 14 How many days do you need in Cyprus?
- 15 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Is it worth visiting Limassol?
Limassol is definitely worth a day trip. It is by far the most developed-modern city in Cyprus. You will definitely go to Limassol Marina, where parking is provided (you have to pay). There you can find coffee shops and restaurants, as well as ideal scenery to have a walk.
What is Limassol like in Cyprus?
Limassol is far more developed than Larnaca or Paphos, and it is a busy port. However, it also has a wonderful seaside promenade and an extensive city beach, meaning that it’s easy to head out for a swim just about anywhere in the city.
Does Limassol have a beach?
In total there are 33 beaches in Limassol and some of them have a Blue Flag. The naturally stunning resort of the greater Lemesos (Limassol) area. The beach has fine, golden sands, multicoloured small pebbles, and its clean waters are relatively calm.
What is there to do in Cyprus now?
Top Attractions in Cyprus
- Kato Paphos Archaeological Park. 7,516. Ancient Ruins.
- Konnos Bay. 1,790. Bodies of Water • Beaches.
- Kourion. 2,734. Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins.
- Agios Lazaros. 2,577. Churches & Cathedrals.
- Fig Tree Bay. 4,912. Beaches.
- Paphos Harbour and Port. 2,288.
- Cyprus Museum. 669.
- Blue Lagoon. 1,513.
Which is the nicest part of Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Is Limassol expensive?
Summary about cost of living in Limassol, Cyprus: A single person estimated monthly costs are 923$ (777€) without rent. Limassol is 31.18% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Limassol is, on average, 69.61% lower than in New York.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Which is better Paphos or Larnaca?
Paphos has more ancient sights and bigger hotels but most beaches are rocky while Larnaca is all grey sand. Have a look at beach resorts of Ayia Napa or Protaras as the teenagers will have more to do.
Where are the best sandy beaches in Cyprus?
Best beaches in Cyprus
- CORAL BAY. A landscape of banana plantations and vineyards surrounds this pretty slice of white sand.
- NISSI BEACH. Nissi Beach might be just round the corner from nightlife hotspot Ayia Napa, but the vibe couldn’t be more different.
- AKTI OLYMPION.
- KONNOS BAY BEACH.
- LARA BEACH, LARA BAY.
Is Limassol Cyprus safe?
Cyprus was recently rated one of the safest places in the world, and Limassol – even with its large traveler base – is equally safe and pleasant for the visitor. Although you need not feel unsafe in this coastal town, there are always precautions you can take when traveling.
What are the beaches like in Limassol?
5 Stunning Beaches in Limassol
- Kourion Beach. View from Kourion amphitheatre.
- Lady’s Mile Beach. Lady’s Mile beach.
- Pissouri Bay. Pissouri Bay.
- Malindi Beach. Malindi Beach.
- Governor’s Beach. Governor’s Beach.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
How many days do you need in Cyprus?
There are so many things to do in Paphos that you could easily occupy your entire time in Cyprus, however, three days should be sufficient to both see a lot of cool things while also allowing you plenty of time to relax by the Mediterranean.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).