- 1 How safe is Paphos Cyprus?
- 2 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 3 What is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
- 4 Is Paphos a good holiday destination?
- 5 What dangerous animals are in Cyprus?
- 6 Is living in Cyprus expensive?
- 7 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 8 Are there sharks in Cyprus?
- 9 What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
- 10 Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
- 11 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 12 Which is better Paphos or Protaras?
- 13 Which is better Paphos or Ayia Napa?
- 14 Is Paphos a party place?
How safe is Paphos Cyprus?
Cyprus is generally very safe to travel to, even though it is geographically close to countries hit by terrorism and wars. Petty crime does occur, especially during the holidays and summer.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Is Paphos a good holiday destination?
Situated on the south-west coast of Cyprus, Paphos is the ideal holiday destination for families seeking sunshine and relaxation. Yet there is more to Paphos than that: lovers of archaeology, history and culture will find a wealth of attractions.
What dangerous animals are in Cyprus?
The Most Dangerous Animals In Cyprus Today
- Blunt Nosed Viper.
- Montpellier Snake.
- European Cat Snake.
Is living in Cyprus expensive?
As a whole, the cost of living in Cyprus is comparable to European countries such as Poland, Hungary and Romania. Limassol is generally regarded to be the most expensive city on the island, ranking 166th out of 209 cities worldwide assessed for the 2020 Mercer Cost of Living Survey.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Are there sharks in Cyprus?
There are a number of sharks in Cyprus waters but sightings are rare as most are in deeper waters. Those sighted in recent years include the Mako, Basking and Blue sharks.
What is the most beautiful part of Cyprus?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
Which is nicer Paphos or Larnaca?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Which is better Paphos or Protaras?
Both places you mention will be hot and have lively nightlife. Protaras has much nicer beaches so if you fancy white sand blue sea head for Protaras. Paphos is a town while Protaras is a resort.
Which is better Paphos or Ayia Napa?
Comments for Paphos versus Ayia Napa in Cyprus Ayia Napa is famous for its beautiful sandy beaches like Nissi Beach and also for its often loud and noisy nightlife. If you like walking or cycling then Paphos is a better option as you are close to the Akamas peninsula and also the Paphos forest.
Is Paphos a party place?
Paphos has a buzzing nightlife scene with loads of atmosphere. The strip, known as Bar Street, doesn’t get busy until about 9pm, when the clubs and bars burst into life. Dance the night away, sip cocktails in eye-catching bars or enjoy a karaoke session.