- 1 Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
- 2 Which part of Cyprus should I visit?
- 3 Which is the most beautiful city in Cyprus?
- 4 Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
- 5 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 6 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 7 Is Larnaca worth visiting?
- 8 Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
- 9 Which is better Paphos or Larnaca?
- 10 Is food expensive in Cyprus?
- 11 Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
- 12 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 13 How many hours does it take to get to Cyprus?
- 14 Are there white sand beaches in Cyprus?
- 15 Does Cyprus have a beach?
Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Which part of Cyprus should I visit?
Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach. Cyprus is famous for its beaches and rightly so. Some of the best beaches are found in the Eastern part of the country, near the holiday resorts of Ayia Napa and Protaras.
Which is the most beautiful city in Cyprus?
A gorgeous destination to visit all year round, here’s your guide to the most beautiful towns, cities, and villages in Cyprus.
- Pano Lefkara/ Πάνω Λεύκαρα
- Omodos/ ‘Ομοδος
- Paphos/ Pafos/ Πάφος
- Platres/ Πλάτρες
- Limassol/ Lemesos/ Λεμεσός
- Choirokoitia/ Khirokitia/ Χοιροκοιτία
- Inia/ Ineia/ Ίνια
- Lofou/ Λόφου
Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
10 of the Best Beaches in Cyprus: Your Seaside Hotlist
- Aphrodite’s Rock and Beach, Paphos.
- Konnos Bay, Ayia Napa.
- Lara Bay, Akamas Peninsula.
- Porto Pomos, Pomos.
- Nissi Beach, Ayia Napa.
- Serena Bay, Protaras.
- Paramali Beach, Avdimou Village, Limassol.
- Mackenzie Beach, Larnaca.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Is Larnaca worth visiting?
Larnaca is a good option for travellers looking to stay in one location, who are visiting Cyprus for a beach holiday and a beach holiday only. It’s a charming city, however, it is lacking in sites and it is far more suited for days spent lounging on the beach rather than exploring.
Which side of Cyprus is warmest?
Temperatures. Cyprus has one of the warmest climates and warmest winters in the Mediterranean part of the European Union. The average annual temperature on the coast is around 24 °C (75 °F) during the day and 14 °C (57 °F) at night. Generally, the warm season lasts about eight months.
Which is better Paphos or Larnaca?
Paphos has more ancient sights and bigger hotels but most beaches are rocky while Larnaca is all grey sand. Have a look at beach resorts of Ayia Napa or Protaras as the teenagers will have more to do.
Is food expensive in Cyprus?
While meal prices in Cyprus can vary, the average cost of food in Cyprus is €33 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Cyprus should cost around €13 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
Cyprus is a warmer island (Weather in Cyprus). It’s 19 º + on average in March, and in April and May you can fully enjoy a beach holiday, whereas on Crete it is still cool. June is already a classic southern summer in Cyprus with temperatures close to 30º+, whilst it is a slightly cooler 25º+ on Crete.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
How many hours does it take to get to Cyprus?
The total flight duration from United Kingdom to Cyprus is 4 hours, 46 minutes.
Are there white sand beaches in Cyprus?
Perhaps the most famous beach on the island, Nissi is a gorgeous curve of white sand dipping into impossibly blue waters. It’s one of the main summer nightlife hubs on the island. This beach is also very popular with families, and the clear waters are safe for children.
Does Cyprus have a beach?
Cyprus is the third-largest island in the Mediterranean Sea, and has a large variety of Blue Flag-awarded beaches. The Blue Flag certification recognises the environmental quality and water cleanliness of bathing sites, and Cyprus’s beaches usually rank highly when measured against other seaside spots in Europe.