- 1 Which part of Cyprus is most beautiful?
- 2 Which area of Cyprus is best?
- 3 Which is the most beautiful village in Cyprus?
- 4 Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
- 5 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 6 Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
- 7 What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
- 8 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 9 Can you drink the tap water in Cyprus?
- 10 What is the biggest village in Cyprus?
- 11 Is Famagusta in the Turkish part of Cyprus?
- 12 Where is Troodos?
- 13 Which is better Larnaca or Paphos?
- 14 Are there white sand beaches in Cyprus?
- 15 Which is the best sandy beach in Cyprus?
Which part of Cyprus is most beautiful?
20 of the most beautiful places to visit in Cyprus
- Blue Lagoon Akamas – one of the most beautiful places to explore in Cyprus.
- Nissi Beach – a popular stunning beach with a blue flag designation.
- Ayia Napa and Protaras/Fig Tree Beach – a beautiful Cyprus resort and a popular golden beach.
Which area of Cyprus is best?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Which is the most beautiful village in Cyprus?
A Photo Journey through 10 + 1 of the Most Beautiful Villages in
- Kalopanayiotis. Deep in the Marathassa Valley, this village hot spot is famed for its sulphur springs, Venetian bridges and the gorgeous UNESCO Heritage Agios Ioannis Lampadistis Monastery.
- Kato Drys.
Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
10 of the Best Beaches in Cyprus: Your Seaside Hotlist
- Aphrodite’s Rock and Beach, Paphos.
- Konnos Bay, Ayia Napa.
- Lara Bay, Akamas Peninsula.
- Porto Pomos, Pomos.
- Nissi Beach, Ayia Napa.
- Serena Bay, Protaras.
- Paramali Beach, Avdimou Village, Limassol.
- Mackenzie Beach, Larnaca.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
Cyprus is a warmer island (Weather in Cyprus). It’s 19 º + on average in March, and in April and May you can fully enjoy a beach holiday, whereas on Crete it is still cool. June is already a classic southern summer in Cyprus with temperatures close to 30º+, whilst it is a slightly cooler 25º+ on Crete.
What is the coldest month in Cyprus?
January, along with February, is the coldest month in Cyprus. On the lowlands minimum temperature might go below 7-8°C in the coastal areas and 5-6°C inland.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Can you drink the tap water in Cyprus?
Food Safety and Drinking Water Quality Food and drinking water are of high quality, absolutely safe and no food or water-borne diseases occur. Cyprus is also free from dangerous infectious diseases. There are no vaccination requirements for any international travellers.
What is the biggest village in Cyprus?
Kyperounta is the largest mountain village in Cyprus as belongs to the geographic district of Pitsilia. It is only 43 kilometres north of the town of Limassol and 78 kilometres from the town of Nicosia. The village is near the Troodos Mountains and it is built at an altitude of 1300 metres.
Is Famagusta in the Turkish part of Cyprus?
Famagusta, Greek Ammókhostos, Turkish Gazi Mağusa, a major port in the Turkish Cypriot-administered portion of northern Cyprus. It lies on the island’s east coast in a bay between Capes Greco and Eloea and is about 37 miles (55 km) east of Nicosia.
Where is Troodos?
Troodos Mountains, mountain range in southern Cyprus, beginning immediately inland from Cape Arnauti.
Which is better Larnaca or Paphos?
Larnaca is more concentrated in one area than Paphos and has a more manageable, small-town feel than Limassol. Consequently, if you’re trying to decide between staying in Larnaca or Ayia Napa, note that the latter is generally better if you would rather stay in an all-inclusive resort.
Are there white sand beaches in Cyprus?
Perhaps the most famous beach on the island, Nissi is a gorgeous curve of white sand dipping into impossibly blue waters. It’s one of the main summer nightlife hubs on the island. This beach is also very popular with families, and the clear waters are safe for children.
Which is the best sandy beach in Cyprus?
Best beaches in Cyprus
- CORAL BAY. A landscape of banana plantations and vineyards surrounds this pretty slice of white sand.
- NISSI BEACH. Nissi Beach might be just round the corner from nightlife hotspot Ayia Napa, but the vibe couldn’t be more different.
- AKTI OLYMPION.
- KONNOS BAY BEACH.
- LARA BEACH, LARA BAY.