- 1 Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
- 2 Which is the most beautiful city in Cyprus?
- 3 Is Larnaca or Paphos better?
- 4 Which is better Paphos or Ayia Napa?
- 5 Where should I not go in Cyprus?
- 6 What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
- 7 Is Cyprus expensive?
- 8 What food do they eat in Cyprus?
- 9 Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
- 10 Is Larnaca worth visiting?
- 11 Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
- 12 Is Ayia Napa expensive?
- 13 Which is better Paphos or Protaras?
- 14 Is Paphos a good holiday destination?
Which is the best area to stay in Cyprus?
8 Best Cyprus Towns and Resorts
- Coral Bay.
- Ayia Napa.
Which is the most beautiful city in Cyprus?
A gorgeous destination to visit all year round, here’s your guide to the most beautiful towns, cities, and villages in Cyprus.
- Pano Lefkara/ Πάνω Λεύκαρα
- Omodos/ ‘Ομοδος
- Paphos/ Pafos/ Πάφος
- Platres/ Πλάτρες
- Limassol/ Lemesos/ Λεμεσός
- Choirokoitia/ Khirokitia/ Χοιροκοιτία
- Inia/ Ineia/ Ίνια
- Lofou/ Λόφου
Is Larnaca or Paphos better?
Paphos has more ancient sights and bigger hotels but most beaches are rocky while Larnaca is all grey sand. Have a look at beach resorts of Ayia Napa or Protaras as the teenagers will have more to do.
Which is better Paphos or Ayia Napa?
Comments for Paphos versus Ayia Napa in Cyprus Ayia Napa is famous for its beautiful sandy beaches like Nissi Beach and also for its often loud and noisy nightlife. If you like walking or cycling then Paphos is a better option as you are close to the Akamas peninsula and also the Paphos forest.
Where should I not go in Cyprus?
What to avoid in Cyprus
- Tourist Traps. If you think you’ll get to a Mediterranean country to enjoy amazing seafood, you will be disappointed in Cyprus.
- Limassol or Paphos Castle. Ok, it’s not actually a castle.
- Aphrodite’s Baths. Where to begin with this one.
- Turtle Beach.
- Ayia Napa.
What is the best month to go to Cyprus?
The best time to visit Cyprus is between May and June. Not only is it one of the driest periods of the year on the island, but it’s also nice and toasty – temperatures hover between 23 and 28 degrees, with up to 13 hours of sunshine a day.
Is Cyprus expensive?
Cyprus has for years been among hottest holiday destinations in Europe. Although closer to the Asia, the Republic of Cyprus is within the borders of the European Union and its currency is euro. Prices in Cyprus are moderate. Some say it is a little more expensive than in Spain or Greece.
What food do they eat in Cyprus?
Dishes of Cyprus Traditional Cypriot foods include souvlakia (grilled meat kebabs), shaftalia (grilled sausage), afella (pork marinated in coriander), fried halloumi cheese, olives, pitta bread, kolokasi (root vegetables), lamb, artichokes, chickpeas and rabbit stews (stifado).
Is Cyprus hotter than Crete?
Cyprus is a warmer island (Weather in Cyprus). It’s 19 º + on average in March, and in April and May you can fully enjoy a beach holiday, whereas on Crete it is still cool. June is already a classic southern summer in Cyprus with temperatures close to 30º+, whilst it is a slightly cooler 25º+ on Crete.
Is Larnaca worth visiting?
Larnaca is a good option for travellers looking to stay in one location, who are visiting Cyprus for a beach holiday and a beach holiday only. It’s a charming city, however, it is lacking in sites and it is far more suited for days spent lounging on the beach rather than exploring.
Which part of Cyprus has the best beaches?
10 of the Best Beaches in Cyprus: Your Seaside Hotlist
- Aphrodite’s Rock and Beach, Paphos.
- Konnos Bay, Ayia Napa.
- Lara Bay, Akamas Peninsula.
- Porto Pomos, Pomos.
- Nissi Beach, Ayia Napa.
- Serena Bay, Protaras.
- Paramali Beach, Avdimou Village, Limassol.
- Mackenzie Beach, Larnaca.
Is Ayia Napa expensive?
Average costs Stay – Accommodations in Ayia Napa are everywhere because there’s so much tourists coming to this particular place, but the locals as well. Especially during summer it is very busy in this area, and the prices get a lot higher in high season. However, you don’t need to worry. Prices are still quite cheap.
Which is better Paphos or Protaras?
Both places you mention will be hot and have lively nightlife. Protaras has much nicer beaches so if you fancy white sand blue sea head for Protaras. Paphos is a town while Protaras is a resort.
Is Paphos a good holiday destination?
Situated on the south-west coast of Cyprus, Paphos is the ideal holiday destination for families seeking sunshine and relaxation. Yet there is more to Paphos than that: lovers of archaeology, history and culture will find a wealth of attractions.