- There are truly a lot of things to do in Delhi, from a street food tour of Old Delhi, to watching the sunrise at India Gate, to exploring the city’s three UNESCO World Heritage sites (Red Fort, Qutb Minar, Humayun ’s Tomb) – these are things you must do in Delhi.
People Also Ask About Delhi
- Take a segway: Ride a segway at janpath and take a tour of the city in this chic ride.
- Fly in the sky while Paragliding: Fly high in the limitless sky while you traverse the blue surrounding you without wings and enjoy paragliding in Delhi.
- Rock climbing: Enjoy this extreme sport while ascending the granite cliff and learn the best skills of climbing the rocky hills.
- Shopping at Sarojini Nagar market: Bargain with shopkeepers and get the products at the best price in this market. Shop for everything starting from handicrafts to high level brands.
- 1 What should I not miss in Delhi?
- 2 What can I do in Delhi for 2 days?
- 3 Is Delhi dangerous for tourists?
- 4 What is the special in Delhi?
- 5 Is Delhi a safe city?
- 6 What is famous in Delhi to buy?
- 7 Which is the coldest month in Delhi?
- 8 How many days are enough for Delhi?
- 9 How can I cover Delhi in one day?
- 10 Is New Delhi safe at night?
- 11 Are taxis safe in Delhi?
- 12 Is Delhi safe for female Travellers?
- 13 What is Delhi famous food?
- 14 What is the nickname of Delhi?
- 15 How can I have fun in Delhi?
What should I not miss in Delhi?
25 Incredible Things To Do In Delhi , India. ISKCON Hare Krishna Temple. Kalkaji Mandir Hindu Temple. Jama Masjid. Akshardham Temple. Gurudwara Bangla Sahib (Sikh Temple) Laxmi Narayan Mandir – Hindu Temple. Hauz Khas Complex.
What can I do in Delhi for 2 days?
DAY 2 : QUTUB COMPLEX – LOTUS TEMPLE – HUMAYUN TOMB 1 Qutub Minar. Historical & Heritage. 2 Alai Minar. Historical & Heritage. 3 Alai Darwaza. Historical & Heritage. 4 Alauddin Khilji Tomb And Madrasa. Historical & Heritage. 5 Tomb Of Iltutmish. Historical & Heritage. 6 Iron Pillar. 7 Lotus Temple / Bahai Temple. 8 Humayun’s Tomb.
Is Delhi dangerous for tourists?
Delhi is relatively safe in terms of petty crime , though pickpocketing can be a problem in crowded areas so keep your valuables safe . Roads are notoriously congested; take extreme care when crossing them, or when walking along narrow lanes that don’t have footpaths. Pollution is another real danger in Delhi .
What is the special in Delhi?
The distinguished city of Delhi is blessed with several gardens and botanical houses which are again one of the features that Delhi is famous for. The Garden of Five senses, the Lodi Gardens, the Buddha Jayanti Park and Nehru Park are some of these gardens which have made Delhi famous among nature lovers.
Is Delhi a safe city?
NEW DELHI : The national capital has been ranked 52 among 60 cities of the world in The Economist’s Safe Cities Index (SCI) 2019 which measures safety in urban areas. Delhi’s ranking fell nine places from its 43rd position in 2017.
What is famous in Delhi to buy?
Typically Delhi – A Shopper’s Paradise Indian Spice Box. Spice Box. Embroidered Handbags. Handbags. Madhubani Paintings. Madhubani Paintings. Silver Handicraft. Meenakari & Kundan Jewellery. Aachar (Indian Pickle) Books. Silk Sarees.
Which is the coldest month in Delhi?
The coldest month is January with an average maximum temperature of 21°C (69°F). July is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain. November is the driest month.
How many days are enough for Delhi?
Each day , pick an area, such as Old, New or South Delhi , and go exploring. Delhi needs at least three full days , just to get a sense of the city. There is no end to the historical sites, markets, restaurants, parks and lively street scenes you will find.
How can I cover Delhi in one day?
Places to visit in Delhi in one day include the prestigious names of Red Fort, Parliament House, Humayun’s Tomb, Sheeshganj Gurudwara, Jama Masjid, Jantar Mantar, Lotus Temple, and many lovely attractions.
Is New Delhi safe at night?
I would say that Delhi is safe generally. However, precautions are required especially in the night . Old Delhi gets closed at about 6pm (for main shopping and not eateries) so you should be going back to your hotel. Rickshaws are the best mode in Old Delhi (Chandni Chowk area).
Are taxis safe in Delhi?
While taxis , autos and cabs in Delhi are generally safe , there are certainly a few black sheep. You can do this by preferring Radio Taxis over general ones, keeping an emergency number at your side and, if possible, always keeping an eye on the driver.
Is Delhi safe for female Travellers?
The Foreign Office says it now advises lone female visitors to Delhi – including its own staff – to avoid travelling on public transport, or in taxis or auto-rickshaws, after dark. If the journey is necessary it recommends ordering a taxi through the hotel or using the radio taxi counter at the airport.
What is Delhi famous food?
So without any further ado, I present to you my list of top 10 famous dishes of Delhi. Paranthas . Chaat . Butter Chicken . Kebabs . Chole Bhature . Biryani . Nihari . Rolls.
What is the nickname of Delhi?
List of Nicknames of Indian Cities
|Name of the City||Nicknames||State|
|Nasik||California of India Grape city of India Wine capital of India||Maharashtra|
|New Delhi||City of Rallies||Delhi|
|Panipat||City of Handloom City of Weavers||Haryana|
How can I have fun in Delhi?
Moti Bagh – Rock Climbing At IMF. Image Source. Kalindi Kunj – Ride To The Top At Delhi Eye. Image Source. Book Cafes – Haven For Bookworms. Image Source. Nehru Planetarium – Travel To Space. Hauz Khas – Relive History. Red Fort – Light And Sound Show. Paint Ball – Shoot ‘Em Down. Shahpurjat – Walk Down The Vibrant Lanes.