To call India from the U.S., just follow these simple dialing directions:
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 91, the country code for India.
- Then dial the area code (2–4 digits — please see a sample calling code list below) and finally the phone number (area code plus phone number equals 10 digits).
9 dec. 2011
How to dial India landline from US and Canada?
- You will dial your country code. For calling India you will dial 91. Then dial the destination phone number: For a landline, dial the STD Code (without the 0) + the phone number. For Mobile phone, dial the entire 10-digit number.
Calling India from the United States explained:
- 011 – US exit code; dial first for international calls made from the USA or Canada
- 91 – Country Code for India
- Phone Number ( may not begin with 0) – 10 digits
- sample call from US to a landline in Mumbai: 011 91 22????????
- 1 How do I dial a landline number in India?
- 2 How do I call an Indian landline number in international format?
- 3 How do you dial +1 on a landline?
- 4 How do I dial a local landline number?
- 5 How do I dial a landline phone number?
- 6 What phone number is?
- 7 Can we call India toll free number from us?
- 8 What is my area code?
- 9 How do you write a landline number in international format?
- 10 How do you dial an area code from a landline?
- 11 How do I call a landline from India to Netherlands?
- 12 Is calling a cell phone from a landline long distance?
- 13 How do you write phone numbers?
- 14 How do you dial on the phone?
How do I dial a landline number in India?
Mobile to landline NLD dialing: To call a landline phone in different city from a mobile phone, you need to dial the NLD code of ‘0’ followed by the complete 10-digit landline phone number. So, for instance, 0 11 1234 5678.
How do I call an Indian landline number in international format?
When calling an Indian phone number, the country code of +91 needs to entered, followed by the Indian area code and a local (or mobile) number in order to complete the call. If calling from a landline, replace the + sign with 0011 followed by 91 (Indian country code) and then the Indian area code and local number.
How do you dial +1 on a landline?
Landline: How to dial a foreign phone number
Replace the “+” symbol with your “international call prefix”, then dial the number as per normal. Landline example: imagine you lived in Australia, and wished to dial the USA number +1(714)450-3981.
How do I dial a local landline number?
It’s easy to call a local landline number using your telephone. Just place “0” and the area code before the landline number you want to call.
How do I dial a landline phone number?
Dial the phone number.
If you’re calling a landline, it will be 7 to 8 numbers long, including the area code. For example, a landline number would look like: 011 234 1 XXX XXXX. A cell phone number will 10 digits long: 011 234 XX XXXX XXXX.
What phone number is?
The easiest way to check your phone’s model name and number is to use the phone itself. Go to the Settings or Options menu, scroll to the bottom of the list, and check ‘About phone‘, ‘About device‘ or similar. The device name and model number should be listed.
Can we call India toll free number from us?
This is the exit code for all international calls from the US. Dial 91 which is the country code for India. Dial the three-digit code that precedes the toll–free number (i.e. 800, 888, 877). Dial the rest of the Indian toll–free number you are trying to reach.
What is my area code?
These included Area Code 204 – Manitoba, Area Code 306 – Saskatchewan, Area Code 403 – Alberta, Area Code 416 – Ontario, Area Code 418 – Quebec, Area Code 514 – Quebec, Area Code 604 – British Columbia, Area Code 613 – Ontario, Area Code 902 – Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick.
How do you write a landline number in international format?
The UK mobile phone number ‘07911 123456’ in international format is ‘+44 7911 123456’, so without the first zero.
How do you dial an area code from a landline?
Those outside the Philippines will have to do the following: Dial 00 + Country Code (63) + Area Code (2) + 8 digits landline number.
How do I call a landline from India to Netherlands?
To call India from Netherlands, dial: 00 – 91 – Area Code – Land Phone Number 00 – 91 – 10 Digit Mobile Number
- 00 – Exit code for Netherlands, and is needed for making any international call from Netherlands.
- 91 – ISD Code or Country Code of India.
- Area code – There are 2643 area codes in India.
Is calling a cell phone from a landline long distance?
If you are calling a number within the same area code you are generally making a local call. If you are calling outside of your area code but within the United States, you are generally making a long distance call, but there are of course exceptions. Landlines and cell phones are assigned phone numbers the same way.
How do you write phone numbers?
Hi: Dial it exactly the same as any other phone. As you can see on the keypad, each number from 2-9 corresponds to 3 or 4 letters. That number can be any of those 3 or 4 letters, so 1 press of “2” corresponds to either an “A” “B” or “C”. So dialing 1-800-555-APPL would be 1-800-555-2775 (just an example).
How do you dial on the phone?
How to use the telephone
- Dial the number you wish to call.
- Press the mute button.
- If you wish to talk, place your finger on your mute button and press it, but keep your finger poised over the button.
- When finished speaking press the mute button before you return your finger to your keyboard.
- If the call is continuing, go to step 3.