9 Most Famous Lord Vishnu Temples To Visit In India
- * Badrinath Temple in Badrinath, Uttarakhand.
- * Jagannath Temple in Puri, Odisha.
- * Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
- * Varadharaja Perumal Temple in Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu.
- * Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Thiruvanthapuram, Kerala.
Meer items•2 sep. 2020
Most Worshipped Famous Vishnu Temples in India:
- Badrinath Temple in Badrinath.
- Jagannath Temple in Puri.
- Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple at Tirupati.
- Varadharaja Perumal Temple in Kanchipuram.
- Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Thiruvanthapuram.
- Koodal Azhagar Temple in Madurai.
- Sri Ulagalanda Perumal Temple in Kanchipuram.
- Asvakranta Temple in Guwahati.
- Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in Srirangam.
Reference: See less
Was this helpful?
- 1 Where is Vishnu temple in India?
- 2 Which temple is dedicated to god Vishnu?
- 3 Which is the No 1 temple in India?
- 4 Which Temple of South India is dedicated to Lord Vishnu?
- 5 Who is the richest God in India?
- 6 Which country has no Hindu temple?
- 7 How did Lord Shiva died?
- 8 Which temple is rich in India?
- 9 Why is Lord Vishnu blue?
- 10 Which Indian temple has most gold?
- 11 Which is the beautiful temple in India?
- 12 How many temples are there in India in 2020?
- 13 Who is the most popular god in South India?
- 14 Which Indian state has many temples?
- 15 Which is Temple of South India?
Where is Vishnu temple in India?
Badrinath Temple is the holiest shrine of Lord Vishnu and part of Char Dham Yatra pilgrimage sites, situated at an elevation of 3,133 m in the town of Badrinath in Uttarakhand. The temple of Badrinath is the holy shrines for Vaishnavites,along the banks of Alaknanda River in Garhwal hill tracks of Chamoli.
Which temple is dedicated to god Vishnu?
Ranganathaswamy Temple, Tiruchirapalli. Situated on the Srirangam island on the Cauvery River is the largest Hindu temple of India and among the largest religious complexes in the world. Dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is the one of the 108 Vishnu Temples in the world.
Which is the No 1 temple in India?
List of largest Hindu temples
|Rank||Name of the temple||Place|
|2||Swaminarayan Akshardham (North America)||New Jersey|
|3||Sri Ranganathasvamy Temple||Tiruchirapalli|
|4||Chhatarpur Temple||New Delhi|
Which Temple of South India is dedicated to Lord Vishnu?
Govindaraja Perumal Temple or Thiruchitrakoodam in Chidambaram in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu, is dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu. The temple is inside the premises of Thillai Nataraja Temple, constructed in the Tamil architecture.
Govindaraja Perumal Temple.
|Govindaraja Swamy temple|
Who is the richest God in India?
The principal deity Padmanabhaswamy (Vishnu) is enshrined in the “Anantha Shayana” posture, the eternal yogic sleep on the infinite serpent Adi Shesha. Padmanabhaswamy is the tutelary deity of the royal family of Travancore.
This article is written like a manual or guidebook.
Which country has no Hindu temple?
Although Hindus are between two and four percent of Pakistan’s population, Islamabad does not have a temple for them to worship in.
How did Lord Shiva died?
The wrathful Yama assumed a fearsome form and threw his noose to capture Markandeya, who hugged the linga tightly. When the noose touched the linga, Shiva emerged from it in all his wrath and struck Yama with his Trishula and kicked his chest, killing the Lord of Death.
Which temple is rich in India?
Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Kerala, Worth- INR 1,20,000 Crores
After all, this gold-plated glory is the richest temple not only in India but also in the whole wide world.
Why is Lord Vishnu blue?
He is believed to be the all-pervading, omniscient, omnipresent god. So, Lord Vishnu is shown in blue color as he is infinite and immeasurable like the sky and surrounded by the infinite cosmic ocean. Sky, which seems to have no beginning or end, is in blue color.
Which Indian temple has most gold?
The Padmanabhaswamy temple treasure is a collection of valuable objects including gold thrones, crowns, coins, statues and ornaments, diamonds and other precious stones.
Which is the beautiful temple in India?
Located in the eastern suburbs of New Delhi, it is the largest Hindu temple in the world and was constructed using ancient techniques. So while new, it also honors the past with stunning, intricately carved sandstone reliefs.
How many temples are there in India in 2020?
India has more than 2 million Hindu temples recorded during the 2001 census, whose number has substantially increased by now. India has many places where people worship the Divine.
Who is the most popular god in South India?
Perumal (Tamil: பெருமாள்) also Thirumal (Tamil: திருமால்) is the Hindu deity most popular amongst Tamils of Tamil Nadu state in India and in the Tamil diaspora. Perumal is another name of Vishnu.
Which Indian state has many temples?
The largest number of Hindu temples under the ASI’s protection is in Karnataka, followed by Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, and Andhra Pradesh. The figures were provided by Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Culture and Tourism Prahlad Singh Patel.
Which is Temple of South India?
Top 11 Temples To Visit In South India
- Virupaksha Temple.
- Meenakshi Temple.
- Venkateswara Temple.
- Ramanathaswamy Temple.
- Airavateswara Temple.
- The Brihadeshwara Temple.
- Sabarimala Temple.
- Vitthala Temple.