15 Spectacular Shiva Temples in India
- 1 Amarnath Temple, Kashmir. Amarnath Shiva Temple, Kashmir.
- 2 Kedarnath, Uttarakhand.
- 3 Kashi Vishwanath, Uttar Pradesh.
- 4 Kailasnath Temple, Maharashtra.
- 5 Somnath Temple, Gujarat.
- 6 Brihadeswara Temple, Tamil Nadu.
- 7 Sri Kalahasthi, Andhra Pradesh.
- 8 Vadakkunathan Temple, Kerala.
Meer items•18 feb. 2020
20 Temples Dedicated to Lord Shiva in India
- Kedarnath Temple (Uttarakhand)
- Arunachaleshwara Temple (Tamil Nadu)
- Somnath Temple (Gujarat)
- Kashi Vishwanath (Uttar Pradesh)
- Baidyanath Temple (Jharkhand)
- Pashupatinath Temple (Madhya Pradesh)
- Lingaraja Temple (Odisha)
- Kailasa Temple (Maharashtra)
- Sivasagar Sivadol Temple (Assam)
- Natraj Temple (Tamil Nadu)
- Baijnath Temple (Himachal Pradesh)
- Tungnath Temple (Uttarakhand)
- Sri Kalahasteeswara Temple (Andhra Pradesh)
- Kandariya Mahadev Temple (Madhya Pradesh)
- Bhavnath Mahadev Temple (Gujarat)
- Vadakkunnathan Temple (Kerala)
- Tarakeshwar Temple (West Bengal)
- Kotilingeshwara Temple (Karnataka)
- Brihadeeswara Temple (Tamil Nadu)
- Shore Temple (Tamil Nadu)
Reference: See less
Was this helpful?
- 1 Which is the largest Shiva temple in India?
- 2 How many Lord Shiva temples are there in India?
- 3 How many Nath are there in India?
- 4 How many Shiva Lingas are there in India?
- 5 How did Lord Shiva died?
- 6 Which is the richest God in the world?
- 7 Which is the most powerful jyotirlinga?
- 8 Which is the oldest Hindu temple in world?
- 9 Who is the father of the Lord Shiva?
- 10 Which is the 4 Dham in India?
- 11 Who made jyotirlinga?
- 12 Which is the most powerful Shiva temple?
- 13 Is Shiva a male or female?
- 14 Is shivling a male organ?
- 15 Which temple is rich in India?
Which is the largest Shiva temple in India?
The Srirangam Temple is often listed as the largest functioning Hindu temple in the world. The temple, located in Tamil Nadu, occupies an area of 156 acres (631,000 m²) with a perimeter of 4,116m (10,710 feet), making it the largest temple in India and one of the largest religious complexes in the world.
How many Lord Shiva temples are there in India?
108 Shiva Temples – Wikipedia.
How many Nath are there in India?
According to an estimate by Bouillier in 2008, there are about 10,000 ascetics (predominantly males) in the Nath ascetic order, distributed in about 500 monasteries across India but mostly in northern and western regions of India, along with a much larger householder Nath tradition.
How many Shiva Lingas are there in India?
This pillar, later came to be known as Jyotirlinga. It is said that there are 64 Jyotirlingas but 12 of these are of utmost importance. Here let’s check out the important jyotirlingas temple in the country. Fourth in line, Omkareshwar temple in Khandwa is one of the most revered places in India dedicated to Lord Shiva.
How did Lord Shiva died?
The wrathful Yama assumed a fearsome form and threw his noose to capture Markandeya, who hugged the linga tightly. When the noose touched the linga, Shiva emerged from it in all his wrath and struck Yama with his Trishula and kicked his chest, killing the Lord of Death.
Which is the richest God in the world?
The principal deity Padmanabhaswamy (Vishnu) is enshrined in the “Anantha Shayana” posture, the eternal yogic sleep on the infinite serpent Adi Shesha.
This article is written like a manual or guidebook.
|Governing body||Travancore royal family|
Which is the most powerful jyotirlinga?
Which is the oldest Hindu temple in world?
It is an ancient temple dedicated to the worship of Lord Shiva and Shakti and is considered one of the oldest Hindu temples in India. It is also considered as the oldest functional Hindu temple of India.
|Nagara style architecture of the temple.|
Who is the father of the Lord Shiva?
Brahma, through whose forehead Shiva appeared.In the material world, Lord shiva appeared in this way as described in the Srimad Bhagavatam. SB 3.12. 4: In the beginning, Brahma created four great sages named Sanaka, Sananda, Sanatana and Sanat-kumara.
Which is the 4 Dham in India?
The four temples that comprise Char Dham are Yamunotri Dham, Gangotri Dham, Badrinath Dham and Kedarnath Dham. Yamunotri Dham, named after the Goddess Yamuna, is the first Dham en route the yatra.
Who made jyotirlinga?
The Story behind the formation of Jyotirlinga
Then lord Shiva appears there to settle their argument. He made the infinite pillar of light appear there and that pillar pierced all the three worlds when it appears. Then lord Shiva told both of them that whoever finds the light first will be the supreme God.
Which is the most powerful Shiva temple?
As one of the three main gods in the Hindu pantheon, there are temples dedicated to his worship in India (and abroad). The most prominent of these are the Jyotirlinga temples and Mellacheruvu Swayabhu Shambhulingeshwara Swami.
|Chitira (Picture) Sabha||Kutraleeswar Temple||Kutralam|
Is Shiva a male or female?
Shiva is sometimes represented as half man, half woman. His figure is split half way down the body, one half showing his body and the second half that of Parvati’s. Shiva is also represented by Shiva linga.
Is shivling a male organ?
According to Sivaya Subramuniyaswami, the lingam signifies three perfections of Shiva. According to Rohit Dasgupta, the lingam symbolizes Shiva in Hinduism, and it is also a phallic symbol. Since the 19th-century, states Dasgupta, the popular literature has represented the lingam as the male sex organ.
Which temple is rich in India?
Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Kerala
The richest temple in the country, the shrine of Lord Padmanabhaswamy possesses wealth of around $20 billion in six vaults of Gold. The Golden idol of Mahavishnu, found in this temple worth Rs. 500 Crore.