– National Highway 44 – It is the longest national highway in India with a length of 3,745 kilometres running from Srinagar in the north to Kanyakumari in the South. This highway connects 11 states and about 30 important cities with each other.
- 1 What is the new name of NH 8?
- 2 Which is the second longest highway in India?
- 3 Which state has longest highway in India?
- 4 Which is the busiest NH in India?
- 5 Which is longest highway in world?
- 6 Which is shortest NH in India?
- 7 Which is longest nh7 or NH 44?
- 8 Which is the best highway in India?
- 9 Which Indian city has best roads?
- 10 Which is the smallest state in India?
- 11 Which Indian state has best roads?
- 12 Is Delhi Jaipur highway safe at night?
- 13 How many NH are in India?
- 14 Are bikes allowed on NH 48?
What is the new name of NH 8?
Even seven years after the old numbers were changed, tenders floated by NHAI mentions Delhi-Mumbai stretch as NH-8 instead of its new name, NH-48.
Which is the second longest highway in India?
NH 27 – 3,507 km
National Highway 27 (NH 27) is a part of North South and East West Corridor of India,starts from Porbandar and terminates in Silchar. The 3,507 km long road is the second longest National Highway in India after National Highway 44 (old NH 7).
Which state has longest highway in India?
Uttar Pradesh – Road network of 50,000 km
You can find some of the longest roads in India in Uttar Pradesh, which embraces an immense road network of 50,000 km and as many as 31 National Highways of India, including the longest highway in India – NH 44 as well as the NH 11, NH 28, NH 19 and many more.
Which is the busiest NH in India?
Running over 1,465 km, NH 2 highway has the most number of black spots – 59. It is the busiest National Highway in India and runs through the states of Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, and West Bengal.
Which is longest highway in world?
Longest highways in the world
- Pan-American Highway – Total length: 30,000 miles (48,000 km)
- Highway 1, Australia – Total length: 9,009 miles (14,500 km)
- Trans-Siberian Highway – Total length: 6,800 miles (11,000 km)
- Trans-Canada Highway – Total length: 4,860 miles (7,821 km)
Which is shortest NH in India?
 The shortest National Highway was the NH 47A (5.9 km (3.7 mi)), which connected Kundanoor Junction of Maradu in Kochi city to the Kochi port at Willingdon Island. India has the distinction of having the world’s highest drivable highway connecting Manali to Leh in Ladakh, Kashmir.
Which is longest nh7 or NH 44?
Previously known as National Highway 7, National Highway 44 (NH 44) is the longest-running National Highway in India. It is 3,745 km long and covers the North-South Corridor of NHDP. It starts from Srinagar in the north and ends in Kanyakumari in the south.
Which is the best highway in India?
The 102.30 km long six-lane of National Highway-48 linking Ahmedabad to Vadodara was ranked India’s best highway stretch in terms of efficiency, safety and user services. The highway stretch built by IRB Infrastructure Developers got an overall score of 91.81 out of 100.
Which Indian city has best roads?
16 Best Intra-City Expressways and Elevated Roads of The Country
- Delhi Gurgaon Expressway.
- Delhi Noida Direct Flyway.
- Noida Greater Noida Expressway.
- Delhi Faridabad Skyway.
- Belghoria Expressway.
- Panipat Elevated Highway.
- PVNR Elevated Expressway.
- Hosur Road Elevated Tollway.
Which is the smallest state in India?
Area of India: 3,287,240 Sq km.*
|Largest State||Rajasthan||342,239 Sq km|
|Smallest State||Goa||3,702 Sq km|
|Largest Union Territory||Andaman & Nicobar Islands||8,249 Sq km|
|Smallest Union Territory||Lakshadweep||32 Sq km|
|Largest District||Kachchh (Gujarat)||45,652 Sq km|
Which Indian state has best roads?
Which state has the best roads in India? A. According to the data, Karnataka has the best roads in India with a total of 184,918.
Is Delhi Jaipur highway safe at night?
The highway NH8 Delhi Jaipur is a good highway to travel on. Night travel must be avoided on any highway in India unless it is a necessity. At night Trucks rule the road and can be the cause of: Highway shutting down.
How many NH are in India?
➤There are over 200 national highways and their cumulative length adds up to 101,011 km. The total length of state highways in India add up to 1,31,899 km. ➤The main highway is of 2-digit number and all the highways that are numbered in three digits are technically branches to the main highway.
Are bikes allowed on NH 48?
According to the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) norms, two and three-wheelers are not allowed on the freeway.