Difference Between Supreme Court Judge and Chief Justice of India
- The Supreme Court of India is the highest judicial body of India headed by the Chief Justice of India and 34 judges including him. They pass their judgments in benches they are in. Take a look at the difference between the two here
- 1 How many supreme courts are in India?
- 2 Who is the next CJI of India?
- 3 What are the 3 types of Supreme Court decisions?
- 4 How many judges are there in Supreme Court of India?
- 5 What is the salary of Chief Justice of India?
- 6 Who is India’s youngest judge?
- 7 How do you address a Supreme Court judge?
- 8 Who is the first female chief justice of India?
- 9 Who is the 1st Attorney General of India?
- 10 WHO confirms Supreme Court?
- 11 Is the Supreme Court decision final?
- 12 What are Supreme Court decisions called?
- 13 Who is Supreme Court judge 2020?
- 14 Which is the oldest court in India?
- 15 Who is 47th Chief Justice of India?
How many supreme courts are in India?
|Supreme Court of India|
|Number of positions||34 (33+1; present strength)|
|Chief Justice of India|
|Currently||Sharad Arvind Bobde|
Who is the next CJI of India?
Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde is the 47th Chief Justice of India. He was sworn in on 18 November 2019. List of Judges ordered by seniority.
|Name||Sharad Arvind Bobde Chief Justice of India|
|Date of Appointment||12 April 2013 (7 years, 311 days)|
|Date of Retirement||23 April 2021 (−65 days)|
|Parent High Court||Bombay|
Ещё 29 столбцов
What are the 3 types of Supreme Court decisions?
Majority opinion. Dissenting opinion. Plurality opinion. Concurring opinion. Memorandum opinion. Per curiam opinion. Seriatim opinion.
How many judges are there in Supreme Court of India?
The Supreme Court of India comprises the Chief Justice and 30 other Judges appointed by the President of India .
What is the salary of Chief Justice of India?
The Chief Justice of India will now get a monthly salary of Rs 2.80 lakh, up from the present Rs one lakh. Similarly, judges of the Supreme Court and chief justices of high courts will draw a monthly salary of Rs 2.50 lakh, up from the current Rs 90,000 , according to the Act notified by the law ministry.
Who is India’s youngest judge?
Meet Mayank Pratap Singh , the youngest judge of India who has created history by cracking the Rajasthan Judiciary Services Examination at the age of 21.
How do you address a Supreme Court judge?
* For your cover letters, the judge’s surname should follow the salutation (e.g., Dear Judge Smith), except in the case of the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court , who is addressed as “Dear Chief Justice .”
Who is the first female chief justice of India?
Leila Seth (20 October 1930 – 5 May 2017) was an Indian judge who served as the first woman judge on the Delhi High Court and became the first woman to become Chief Justice of a state High Court , Himachal Pradesh High Court , on 5 August 1991.
Who is the 1st Attorney General of India?
Motilal C. Setalvad was the 1st Attorney General of India.
WHO confirms Supreme Court?
Article II section 2 of the Constitution states that the Presidents “shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Judges of the Supreme Court ” U.S. Const.
Is the Supreme Court decision final?
When the Supreme Court rules on a constitutional issue, that judgment is virtually final ; its decisions can be altered only by the rarely used procedure of constitutional amendment or by a new ruling of the Court . However, when the Court interprets a statute, new legislative action can be taken.
What are Supreme Court decisions called?
The term ” opinions ,” as used here, refers to several types of writing by the Justices. The most well known are the opinions of the Court announced in cases in which the Court has heard oral argument. Each sets out the Court’s judgment and its reasoning.
Who is Supreme Court judge 2020?
The present CJI is Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde , and is the 47th CJI since 26 January 1950, the year the Constitution came into effect and the supreme court came into being. Chief Justice of India.
|Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India|
|Incumbent Sharad Arvind Bobde|
Which is the oldest court in India?
The Calcutta High Court is the oldest High Court in India. It has jurisdiction over the state of West Bengal and the Union Territory of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands .
Who is 47th Chief Justice of India?
NEW DELHI: Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde , who has decided several key cases and was part of the recent historic Ayodhya verdict, was on Monday administered oath as the 47th Chief Justice of India by President Ram Nath Kovind .