What are the most common languages spoken in India?
- Hindi is the most spoken language in India, and also one of the country’s official languages. Around 550 million people in India speak Hindi. After Hindi, English is the most widely spoken language in the country, with around 125 million speakers.
- 1 Which language is mostly spoken in India?
- 2 What are the top 3 languages spoken in India?
- 3 What are the 22 languages in India?
- 4 Is English second language in India?
- 5 Which is toughest language in India?
- 6 Is Sanskrit older than Tamil?
- 7 Which is the richest language in India?
- 8 What are the top 5 hardest languages?
- 9 Which is the most beautiful language in India?
- 10 Which language is oldest in India?
- 11 How many states are there in India in 2020?
- 12 What is India’s first language?
- 13 What is Indian English called?
- 14 Why English is called second language?
- 15 How many Indian know English?
Which language is mostly spoken in India?
Hindi , with over 528 million native speakers was the most spoken language across Indian homes, followed by Bengali with 97 million speakers, as of 2011 census data.
What are the top 3 languages spoken in India?
More than one million speakers
|Rank||Language||2011 Census of India (total: 1,210,854,977)|
What are the 22 languages in India?
1) Assamese, (2) Bengali , (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri , (7) Konkani , (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo , (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri .
Is English second language in India?
In India , English serves two purposes. It is also the second language for many who speak more than one language in India . The English language is a tie that helps bind the many segments of our society together. Also, it is a linguistic bridge between the major countries of the world and India .
Which is toughest language in India?
Google admits Malayalam (official language of Kerala State) to be the toughest language in India. It is both difficult to learn and speak as compared to any other language in India. It might be the second toughest language in the world after Chinese. It belongs to the dravidian family.
Is Sanskrit older than Tamil?
” Sanskrit is the oldest language. India was a world leader [vishwaguru] and Sanskrit was its important element,” he said. Raja said they do not accept that Tamil came from Sanskrit . Tamil is older than Sanskrit and there is record of ‘ Tamil Sangam’ dating back 4,500 years, he said.
Which is the richest language in India?
Shikha Goyal Hindi – 52.83 crore speakers. Hindi is the most spoken language in India. Bengali – 9.72 crore speakers. Marathi – 8.30 crore speakers. Telugu – 8.11 crore speakers. Tamil – 6.90 crore speakers. Gujarati – 5.54 crore speakers. Urdu – 5.07 crore speakers. Kannada – 4.37 crore speakers.
What are the top 5 hardest languages?
The Hardest Languages In The World To Learn Mandarin . Right at the top is the most spoken language in the world: Mandarin . Arabic . Number two, Arabic , challenges English speakers because most letters are written in 4 different forms depending on where they’re placed in a word. Japanese. Hungarian. Korean. Finnish. Basque. Navajo.
Which is the most beautiful language in India?
India is famous for its linguistic diversity, and one of the most beautiful languages spoken on the Indian Subcontinent is certainly Bengali . It has a gorgeous writing system to begin with, and a flowing sound that one of the world’s greatest poets, Rabindranath Tagore, used to create his art.
Which language is oldest in India?
And while it may not be known to a lot of people on our planet, today Tamil is spoken by around 78 million people which makes it the longest surviving language in the world. Sanskrit : Next in line is Sanskrit , the ancient language of India which can be traced back to 2000BC in its earliest written form. .
How many states are there in India in 2020?
There are 28 states and 8 Union territories in the country. Union Territories are administered by the President through an Administrator appointed by him/her. From the largest to the smallest, each State/ UT of India has a unique demography, history and culture, dress, festivals, language etc.
What is India’s first language?
528 million speak Hindi as a first language. It is both the most widely spoken first as well as second language in India, while English is just the 44th most widely spoken first language even though it is the second-most widely spoken second language.
What is Indian English called?
Indian English is speech or writing in English that shows the influence of the languages and culture of India. Also called English in India. Indian English (IndE) is one of the oldest regional varieties of the English language. English is one of the 22 official languages recognized by the Constitution of India.
Why English is called second language?
This means that English is a truly universal language that makes communication across the globe easy and convenient. In addition, English is the world’s most popular second language choice. The British Council estimates that more than 1 billion people are learning English as a second language at any given time.
How many Indian know English?
|Country||Eligible population||Total English speakers|