- March 2019 Visa Bulletin was released earlier this month. The EB2 India priority date cutoff for getting Green Card should is 09 APR 09. The EB3 India date is 22 MAY 09. . For foreseeable future, EB3 India dates are going to be better than EB2 India date. EB2 India date moved by 3 days from last Visa Bulletin while EB3 India date moved by
A citizen of India with a priority date of February 2008 in the EB3 category is only eligible to get their green card now. So they had to wait for over 10 years.
- 1 Will EB3 India move forward?
- 2 How long will it take for EB3 to be current?
- 3 Is EB3 going to be in August 2020?
- 4 What is the current priority date?
- 5 Can I go to India after i140 approval?
- 6 How long does EB3 green card?
- 7 How do I check my priority date EB3?
- 8 Who is eligible for EB3?
- 9 Can EB3 get green card?
- 10 Is EB2 faster than EB3?
- 11 Is eb1 current for India?
- 12 How many green cards are issued each year for India?
- 13 Is PERM filing date priority date?
- 14 How long for interview after priority date is current?
- 15 What happens after I 140 is approved?
Will EB3 India move forward?
The EB3 category remains current for all other countries of chargeability. EB3 India could advance by up to three weeks per month in the near future. The cutoff date for EB3 China could move up by as much as one month per month.
How long will it take for EB3 to be current?
There are several steps in receiving an EB3 visa application. Therefore, the EB3 processing time should take between 1 and 3 years for most EB3 visa applications to be processed. Yet, it can be longer for people of some countries.
Is EB3 going to be in August 2020?
EB-1: All countries except for China and India will remain current in August . All other countries will remain current . EB-3 Professional and Skilled Workers: All countries except India and China will advance by almost a full year to April 1, 2019.
What is the current priority date?
This is referred to as the priority date being ” current .” The priority date is current if there is no backlog in the category. If you have a current priority date , your immigrant visa number is immediately available, and you may apply for permanent residence or adjustment of status.
Can I go to India after i140 approval?
As I already said, legally you can stay out of country and still keep your i-140 active. i-140 once approved stays active unless it is explicitly withdrawn. Also, i-140 is for future job position based on the assumption that your employer will have the position to offer when your GC date gets current.
How long does EB3 green card?
Here is the breakdown: On average, the DOL provides the prevailing wage determination within one to three months. The advertisement and recruitment process usually takes at least two months. After submitting the request for the labor certification, it usually takes four to six months for the DOL to come to a decision.
How do I check my priority date EB3?
You can find your priority date on the I-797 form mailed by USCIS approving your I-130 petition. Current: In the context of the visa bulletin, “current” means no backlog and no wait time for a green card. A particular priority date becomes “current” once it reaches the front of the line and a green card is available.
Who is eligible for EB3?
You may be eligible for this immigrant visa preference category if you are a skilled worker, professional, or other worker. “Skilled workers” are persons whose jobs require a minimum of 2 years training or experience, not of a temporary or seasonal nature.
Can EB3 get green card?
EB-3 is the third preference employment based immigrant visa category for foreign nationals to obtain permanent residency in the US.
Is EB2 faster than EB3?
EB2 and EB3 have priority dates that are very close. Technically everyone from EB3 can and will upgrade to EB2 . That is why in FY 2017, EB3 got more green cards than EB2 . So in the future, EB3 will start moving faster and people in the EB2 wait list might downgrade to EB3 as it will be faster .
Is eb1 current for India?
All Worldwide EB categories will remain current in February 2021. EB-1 China and India will both move forward by 4 months to January 1, 2020. EB-2 China will advance by 2 weeks to June 15, 2016, while India will move forward by 4 days to October 12, 2009.
How many green cards are issued each year for India?
Currently, the number of green cards issued each year is limited to 140,000 . The backlog for India is so huge that even when these 200,000 people are no longer on the waitlist, the timeline for the surviving Indians will still stretch over six decades the author’s predictions show.
Is PERM filing date priority date?
For family-based visas, the priority date is the date U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) receives the Form I-130 petition. Because of this, the priority date is the filing date of the PERM application with DOL . Alien workers are able to retain this priority date when their I-140 petitions are filed .
How long for interview after priority date is current?
Our experience suggests that very often an I-485 application will be adjudicated (approved) or issued a request for evidence (if required) within two to four weeks after its priority date being current.
What happens after I 140 is approved?
1. What happens after my I- 140 is approved ? First, USCIS mails the paper Approval Notice (I-797) to your employer and attorney. Next , you will need to plan the last step of the “green card process” (or adjustment of status (AOS) to permanent resident), if it was not concurrently filed with your I- 140 .