How many languages in India | Official Languages in India
- Hindi. Hindi is the most spoken as well as one of the official languages in India.
- Bengali. Bengali is the second most spoken language of India and is known as Bangla.
- 1 What are the 22 languages in India?
- 2 What are the top 5 languages spoken in India?
- 3 What are the 23 spoken languages in India?
- 4 How many languages are spoken in India?
- 5 Which language is oldest in India?
- 6 What is India’s first language?
- 7 Which is toughest language in India?
- 8 Which is the beautiful language in India?
- 9 Is Sanskrit older than Tamil?
- 10 Do Indians speak English?
- 11 What is the oldest language in world?
- 12 Which is the sweetest language in the world?
- 13 What is the mother of all languages?
- 14 Which is the largest minority religion in India?
- 15 Which language is mostly spoken in India?
What are the 22 languages in India?
1) Assamese, (2) Bengali , (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri , (7) Konkani , (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo , (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri .
What are the top 5 languages spoken in India?
As per the 2011 Census of India, languages by highest number of speakers are as follows: Hindi , Bengali , Marathi , Telugu , Tamil , Gujarati, Urdu , Kannada , Odia, Malayalam.
What are the 23 spoken languages in India?
|Languages of India|
|Official||Assamese Bengali Bodo Dogri English Gujarati Hindi Kannada Kashmiri Konkani Maithili Malayalam Marathi Meitei Nepali Odia Punjabi Sanskrit Santali Sindhi Tamil Telugu Urdu (total: 23, including 22 8th Schedule languages and additional official language, English)|
How many languages are spoken in India?
The Eighth Schedule of the Constitution consists of the following 22 languages –Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Bodo, Santhali, Maithili and Dogri.
Which language is oldest in India?
And while it may not be known to a lot of people on our planet, today Tamil is spoken by around 78 million people which makes it the longest surviving language in the world. Sanskrit : Next in line is Sanskrit , the ancient language of India which can be traced back to 2000BC in its earliest written form. .
What is India’s first language?
528 million speak Hindi as a first language. It is both the most widely spoken first as well as second language in India, while English is just the 44th most widely spoken first language even though it is the second-most widely spoken second language.
Which is toughest language in India?
Google admits Malayalam (official language of Kerala State) to be the toughest language in India. It is both difficult to learn and speak as compared to any other language in India. It might be the second toughest language in the world after Chinese. It belongs to the dravidian family.
Which is the beautiful language in India?
India is famous for its linguistic diversity, and one of the most beautiful languages spoken on the Indian Subcontinent is certainly Bengali . It has a gorgeous writing system to begin with, and a flowing sound that one of the world’s greatest poets, Rabindranath Tagore, used to create his art.
Is Sanskrit older than Tamil?
” Sanskrit is the oldest language. India was a world leader [vishwaguru] and Sanskrit was its important element,” he said. Raja said they do not accept that Tamil came from Sanskrit . Tamil is older than Sanskrit and there is record of ‘ Tamil Sangam’ dating back 4,500 years, he said.
Do Indians speak English?
India now claims to be the world’s second-largest English – speaking country. The most reliable estimate is around 10% of its population or 125 million people, second only to the US and expected to quadruple in the next decade.
What is the oldest language in world?
The Tamil language is recognized as the oldest language in the world and it is the oldest language of the Dravidian family. This language had a presence even around 5,000 years ago.
Which is the sweetest language in the world?
According to a UNESCO survey, Bengali has been voted the sweetest language in the world; positioning Spanish and Dutch as the second and third sweetest tongues.
What is the mother of all languages?
Known as ‘the mother of all languages ,’ Sanskrit is the dominant classical language of the Indian subcontinent and one of the 22 official languages of India. It is also the liturgical language of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
Which is the largest minority religion in India?
Islam is a monotheistic religion centered on the belief in one God and following the example of Muhammad; it is the largest minority religion in India. About 14.2% of the country’s population or approx. 200 million people identify as adherents of Islam (2018 estimate).
Which language is mostly spoken in India?
Hindi , with over 528 million native speakers was the most spoken language across Indian homes, followed by Bengali with 97 million speakers, as of 2011 census data.