Literacy rate in India 2018, by gender In 2018, the degree of literacy in India was about 74.4 percent, with the majority of literate Indians being men. It is estimated that the global literacy rate for people aged 15 and above is about 86 percent.
India literacy rate
- Literacy rate variations between states. India’s literacy rate is at 74.04%. Kerala has achieved a literacy rate of 93.91%. Bihar is the least literate state in India, with a literacy of 63.82%.
- 1 What is India’s literacy rate in 2020?
- 2 What is the literacy rate in India 2019?
- 3 Which is the No 1 educated state in India?
- 4 What country is number 1 in literacy?
- 5 Which state is illiteracy in India?
- 6 Which state in India has the literacy rate?
- 7 How do I calculate literacy rate?
- 8 What is the literacy rate of male and female?
- 9 Why is the literacy rate low in India?
- 10 Which is the beautiful state in India?
- 11 Which is the richest state in India?
- 12 Which Indian state is top in education?
- 13 What country has a 100 literacy rate?
- 14 Which country has lowest literacy rate?
- 15 Which country is 100 educated?
What is India’s literacy rate in 2020?
International Literacy Day 2020: The literacy rate of India is 77.7% while Kerala has emerged as the most literate state in the country, followed by Delhi while Andhra Pradesh has recorded the lowest literacy rate.
What is the literacy rate in India 2019?
1. The overall literacy rate in India is 69.1 per cent . The number includes the literacy rate in both rural and urban India.
Which is the No 1 educated state in India?
Top 10 Highest Literate States of India : Ranking
What country is number 1 in literacy?
|Rank (total)||Country||Total (percent)|
Which state is illiteracy in India?
Top 10 Lowest Literate States of India : Ranking
Which state in India has the literacy rate?
According to Census 2011, Kerala has the highest total literacy rate and female literacy rate whereas Lakshadweep had the highest male literacy rate. Rajasthan has the lowest male literacy rate, while Bihar has the lowest female literacy rate.
How do I calculate literacy rate?
Literacy rates are computed by dividing the number of people aged 15–24 years who are literate by the total population in the same age group, the result is then multiplied by 100. The Youth Literacy Rate reflects the outcomes of primary education over the previous 10 years or so.
What is the literacy rate of male and female?
While the overall literacy rate works out to be 64.8 %, the male literacy rate is 75.3% and that for females is 53.7%, showing a gap of 21.6 percentage points between the sexes at the national level .
Why is the literacy rate low in India?
The large proportion of illiterate females is another reason for the low literacy rate in India . Inequality based on gender differences resulted in female literacy rates being lower at 65.46% than that of their male counterparts at 82.14%.
Which is the beautiful state in India?
1. Kerala . Kerala is one of the prettiest states, rightfully dubbed ‘God’s Own Country’. Here you will find pristine beaches at Kovalam , Muzhappilangad and Varkala.
Which is the richest state in India?
Top 10 Richest States In India Per Capita Karnataka – GDP Rs.15.88 Lakhs Crores. Uttar Pradesh – GDP Rs.15.79 lakh Crores. Gujarat – GDP Rs.14.96 lakh Crore. Andhra Pradesh – GDP 10.49 lakh Crore. Telangana – GDP Rs.9.87 lakh Crore. Kerala – GDP Rs.8.75 lakh Crore. Rajasthan – GDP Rs.8.40 lakh Crore.
Which Indian state is top in education?
Top 10 States In India For Quality Education KERALA . Education in kerala is almost as good as you can get. TAMIL NADU. After Kerala , Tamil Nadu is also regarded as the most literate state of the nation. HARYANA. The school education system in Haryana is not lagging behind the other Indian states. HIMACHAL PRADESH.
What country has a 100 literacy rate?
Isolated from the world, North Korea has topped the list for the highest literacy rate of 100%. With a growth rate of 0.46%, the country has developed over the years to boost the literacy rate.
Which country has lowest literacy rate?
Lowest Literacy Rates
Which country is 100 educated?
Kerala has become the first Indian state to achieve 100 percent primary education . The Vice-President, Mohammad Hamid Ansari has officially declared the 100 per cent primary education status achieved by Kerala.