What to pack for a two week trip to India?
- A day of sightseeing around Delhi was easily over 20,000 steps! One of my biggest India packing tips would be to travel with a backpack, preferably carry on sized only. A carry on backpack worked well for me on my two week India trip. I was easily able to pack travel clothes for India for two weeks in my 40L carry on sized bag.
If you are travelling all around, we suggest a backpack, but a suitcase will not be a problem either. Sun-cream/sunblock is important, as India is a tropical destination with bright sunshine nine out of twelve months of the year. Also, carry sunglasses, hats, comfortable cotton clothing and a light cotton scarf for the summer.
- 1 What can you not bring to India?
- 2 What should a girl pack for India?
- 3 Is there a dress code in India?
- 4 What should I know before traveling to India?
- 5 Can females wear shorts in India?
- 6 Does it smell in India?
- 7 Can you wear leggings in India?
- 8 What should you not wear in India?
- 9 Can I wear shorts in India?
- 10 How can I look stylish in India?
- 11 What is traditional Indian dress called?
- 12 Do they use toilet paper in India?
- 13 How can Delhi Belly be avoided in India?
- 14 Is kissing allowed in India?
What can you not bring to India?
What NOT to bring to India:
- DON’T BRING too many clothes.
- DON’T PACK valuables in general.
- DON’T TAKE too much cash.
- DON’T TAKE unnecessary electronics.
- DON’T BRING too many books.
- DON’T PACK too many toiletries but do bring your favorites.
- DON’T PACK more than one set of warm clothes.
What should a girl pack for India?
What to Wear in India: Clothes
- Flowy dresses and skirts: Pack dresses and skirts that are loose, and long enough to cover the leg to at least mid-calf.
- Pants: One pair of jeans and a couple pairs of pants should be enough, and you can buy colourful, flowy bottoms in the markets which are great in hot weather.
Is there a dress code in India?
Both men and women travelers should have pants and avoid tank tops as clothes to wear in India. In India, attire for women (if you really want to look like a local) includes long skirts that go down to the ankle instead of pants. Dressing modestly (and colorfully) is in India’s dresscode!
What should I know before traveling to India?
10 Things Every Traveler Must Know Before Visiting India
- Research, Research, Research.
- Be Mindful of What You Eat. “Delhi belly” isn’t just a myth, but a real ailment many visitors leave with after indulging in too many curries and street-side snacks.
- Stay in a Reputable Hotel.
- Bring Your Camera.
- Enter With an Open Mind.
- Bring Cash.
- Explore Outside the Cities.
- Get a Visa.
Can females wear shorts in India?
“For their own safety, women foreign tourists should not wear short dresses and skirts … Indian culture is different from the western.” Sad but true. Indian women MUST not wear shorts in India.
Does it smell in India?
5. Smells in India. The smells of India can be the best and worst things about the country. The stench of garbage and urine is common, but so too are the heady rich aromas of spices and incense.
Can you wear leggings in India?
3/4 pants are probably fine- and sandals are of course fine too. You may find that you actually enjoy buying some kurtas- Indian women and girls wear very nice kurtas, even with jeans, and they are cheap and easy to buy. Leggings are fine because with a kurta most girls wear tights trousers.
What should you not wear in India?
Shorts are not really worn in India, they’re not popular or traditional, and I would not recommend wearing them for sight seeing or in the city. However, if you are in a popular beach destination like Goa, shorts are acceptable — but please err on the side of modesty and avoid short-shorts or anything too revealing.
Can I wear shorts in India?
In the places where you go, you can wear anything. No need for long skirts (if you don’t feel comfortable in them), you can wear skirts just above the knee, (3/4)full pants and tank tops. No problem at all. The only thing I wouldn’t wear are shorts, if you want to avoid too much unwanted attention.
How can I look stylish in India?
10 simple tricks to look expensive in ethnic wear
- Choose your fabric wisely. A good quality fabric is the base of the whole look.
- Be specific about colour and prints. If you want to look expensive, avoid wearing earthy tones.
- Layer ’em up.
- Replace Churidar with Palazzo.
- wear crop tops with ethnic skirts.
- Slit as high as possible.
- Make a statement.
- Nude your face.
What is traditional Indian dress called?
1- The Sari (Saree)
The most ubiquitous piece of feminine Indian attire is a classic and colorful sari. Indeed, a regional variation of the archetypal outfit can be found across all corners of the subcontinent.
Do they use toilet paper in India?
Toilet paper is not standard use in India. Rather, squat toilets are the standard type of toilet and it is expected that you will clean yourself afterward using water from a hand bidet sprayer, butterfly jet, hand shower or even a bucket of water. Washing with water is hygienic and effective.
How can Delhi Belly be avoided in India?
4. Hot and fresh
- Eat at busy spots full of locals.
- Heat kills germs, so choose hot food.
- Embrace street food, but ask your leader for recommendations.
- Go vegetarian sometimes.
- Beware of buffets as dishes can be left unrefrigerated for too long.
- Avoid salad as it’s usually rinsed in tap water.
- Don’t eat cut fruit.
Is kissing allowed in India?
Kissing in public is fine until it does not cross the limits of decency or morality laid by the law; and does not become a nuisance so as to incite public annoyance.