Literacy rate in India 2018, by gender In 2018, the degree of literacy in India was about 74.4 percent, with the majority of literate Indians being men. It is estimated that the global literacy rate for people aged 15 and above is about 86 percent.
India literacy rate
- Literacy rate variations between states. India’s literacy rate is at 74.04%. Kerala has achieved a literacy rate of 93.91%. Bihar is the least literate state in India, with a literacy of 63.82%.
- 1 What is the literacy rate of India in 2020?
- 2 What is the literacy rate in India 2019?
- 3 Which is the No 1 educated state in India?
- 4 What country is number 1 in literacy?
- 5 Which state is illiteracy in India?
- 6 Which religion has highest literacy rate in India?
- 7 How do I calculate literacy rate?
- 8 Why is the literacy rate low in India?
- 9 Which is the beautiful state in India?
- 10 Which is the best state in India 2020?
- 11 Which is the richest state in India?
- 12 What country has a 100 literacy rate?
- 13 Which country is 100 educated?
- 14 Which country has lowest literacy rate?
What is the literacy rate of India in 2020?
International Literacy Day 2020: The literacy rate of India is 77.7% while Kerala has emerged as the most literate state in the country, followed by Delhi while Andhra Pradesh has recorded the lowest literacy rate.
What is the literacy rate in India 2019?
1. The overall literacy rate in India is 69.1 per cent . The number includes the literacy rate in both rural and urban India.
Which is the No 1 educated state in India?
Top 10 Highest Literate States of India : Ranking
What country is number 1 in literacy?
|Rank (total)||Country||Total (percent)|
Which state is illiteracy in India?
Top 10 Lowest Literate States of India : Ranking
Which religion has highest literacy rate in India?
Jains have the highest literacy rates for both males (97.4 per cent ) and females (90.6 per cent ). In the second place Christians have 84.4 per cent for males and 76.2 per cent for females. While for males, Buddhists (83.1 per cent ) occupy the third position, for females the position has gone to Sikhs (63.1 per cent ).
How do I calculate literacy rate?
Literacy rates are computed by dividing the number of people aged 15–24 years who are literate by the total population in the same age group, the result is then multiplied by 100. The Youth Literacy Rate reflects the outcomes of primary education over the previous 10 years or so.
Why is the literacy rate low in India?
The large proportion of illiterate females is another reason for the low literacy rate in India . Inequality based on gender differences resulted in female literacy rates being lower at 65.46% than that of their male counterparts at 82.14%.
Which is the beautiful state in India?
1. Kerala . Kerala is one of the prettiest states, rightfully dubbed ‘God’s Own Country’. Here you will find pristine beaches at Kovalam , Muzhappilangad and Varkala.
Which is the best state in India 2020?
Kerala , Tamil Nadu the best governed states; Uttar Pradesh at the bottom: PAC ranking. Kerala was adjudged the best governed state in the country while Uttar Pradesh ended at the bottom in the large states category, according to the Public Affairs Index-2020 released by the Public Affairs Centre in Bengaluru on Friday.
Which is the richest state in India?
Top 10 Richest States In India Per Capita Karnataka – GDP Rs.15.88 Lakhs Crores. Uttar Pradesh – GDP Rs.15.79 lakh Crores. Gujarat – GDP Rs.14.96 lakh Crore. Andhra Pradesh – GDP 10.49 lakh Crore. Telangana – GDP Rs.9.87 lakh Crore. Kerala – GDP Rs.8.75 lakh Crore. Rajasthan – GDP Rs.8.40 lakh Crore.
What country has a 100 literacy rate?
Isolated from the world, North Korea has topped the list for the highest literacy rate of 100%. With a growth rate of 0.46%, the country has developed over the years to boost the literacy rate.
Which country is 100 educated?
Kerala has become the first Indian state to achieve 100 percent primary education . The Vice-President, Mohammad Hamid Ansari has officially declared the 100 per cent primary education status achieved by Kerala.
Which country has lowest literacy rate?
Lowest Literacy Rates