Physical features of india
- The Himalayan Mountains. These mountain ranges run in a west-east direction from the Indus to the Brahmaputra.
- The Northern Plains.
- The Peninsular Plateau.
- The Indian Desert.
- The Coastal Plains.
- The Islands.
Main Physical Features of India
- Himalayan Mountains. The northernmost landscape of the country highlights the fold mountains of the Himalayas.
- Northern Plains. The three major river systems of India- Indus, Ganga and the Brahmaputra along with their tributaries have fed the foothills of the Himalayas.
- Peninsular Plateau.
- Indian Desert.
- Coastal Plains.
- 1 What are the 5 physical features of India?
- 2 What are the 7 physical features of India?
- 3 How many physical features of India are there?
- 4 What are the five physical features?
- 5 What is the main features of India?
- 6 What is the importance of physical features of India?
- 7 What are the 6 relief features of India?
- 8 What is the meaning of physical features?
- 9 Which is the oldest physical features of India?
- 10 Which is the largest physiographic unit of India?
- 11 Which physical feature of India is the most fertile?
- 12 What are 10 physical features?
- 13 What are 3 physical features?
- 14 What are 4 physical features?
What are the 5 physical features of India?
India may be divided broadly into five physical units -The Great Mountains of the north; The north Indian plain; The Peninsular Plateau ; The coastal plains ; The Islands .
What are the 7 physical features of India?
Physical features of india The Himalayan Mountains. These mountain ranges run in a west-east direction from the Indus to the Brahmaputra. The Northern Plains . The Peninsular Plateau. The Indian Desert. The Coastal Plains . The Islands.
How many physical features of India are there?
India is divided into six physiographic divisions on basis of the varied physiographic features : units as follows: Northern and North-eastern Mountain; Northern Plain; Peninsular Plateau; Indian Desert; Coastal Plains; and Islands.
What are the five physical features?
Landforms include hills, mountains , plateaus, canyons, and valleys, as well as shoreline features such as bays, peninsulas, and seas, including submerged features such as mid-ocean ridges, volcanoes , and the great ocean basins.
What is the main features of India?
The physical features of India can be divided into six categories, depending on their geological features: The Himalayan Mountains . The Northern Plains . Indian Desert. Peninsular Plateau . Coastal Plains . Islands.
What is the importance of physical features of India?
In fact, India has every possible landscape that the earth has. From cold mountains to arid deserts, vast plains, hot and humid plateau and wide sea shores and tropical islands, the physical features of India cover every terrain.
What are the 6 relief features of India?
Answer the himalayas . the indo – gangetic plain . the peninsular plateau. the costal plains. the desert(thar) the island.
What is the meaning of physical features?
Answer and Explanation: Physical features are parts of a landscape, organism, etc., that you can see and touch. The term is often used in geology to refer to features such as
Which is the oldest physical features of India?
The Peninsular Plateau (Includes the Deccan Plateau and the Central Highlands): These regions are known to be one of the oldest landmasses of India. The Deccan plateau covers the hilly region of the Western Ghats and the central highlands play host to the hilly region known as the Eastern Ghats.
Which is the largest physiographic unit of India?
Explanation : Himalayas and Deccan plateau are the largest physiographic units of India.
Which physical feature of India is the most fertile?
The Himalayas comprise three almost parallel ranges interspersed with large plateaus and valleys, some of which, like the Kashmir and Kullu valleys, are fertile , extensive and of great scenic beauty. Some of the highest peaks in the world are found in these ranges.
What are 10 physical features?
The features discussed are: Plateaus, deserts, deltas, mesas, basins, foothills, marshes, and swamps. Plateaus are elevated regions that are flat on top. Deserts are large areas that receive less than 10 inches of precipitation a year. Antarctica is the world’s largest desert.
What are 3 physical features?
3rd Grade Geography: Landforms and Physical Features Geography Landforms & Physical Features. Our Earth is made up of a many different types of landforms . Mountains . Mountains are large, tall, and elevated land areas on the earth’s surface that rise abruptly from the surrounding land area. Plains. Plateaus . Mesas. Buttes. Deserts. Deltas.
What are 4 physical features?
Their physical characteristics include landforms, climate, soils , and hydrology.