What is the best language in India?
- The most popular language choice in India seems to be French, followed by Spanish, German, Chinese and Japanese. Spanish is the easiest language because its format, grammar and even the words are just like that of English.
As per the Official Languages Act, 1963, Hindi and English are official languages in the Indian Government. Several other languages have official status at the state level. Hindi is the most spoken language in the country followed by Bengali and Marathi. Below is the list of some of the most popular languages of India:
- 1 What are the 22 languages in India?
- 2 What are the top 5 languages spoken in India?
- 3 How many languages are spoken in India?
- 4 What are the 23 spoken languages in India?
- 5 Which language is oldest in India?
- 6 What is the oldest language in world?
- 7 Which is toughest language in India?
- 8 Which is the beautiful language in India?
- 9 Is Sanskrit older than Tamil?
- 10 What is the mother of all languages?
- 11 Which is the largest minority religion in India?
- 12 Which are the richest communities in India?
- 13 Do Indians speak English?
- 14 Which is the sweetest language in the world?
- 15 Which is the richest language in the world?
What are the 22 languages in India?
1) Assamese, (2) Bengali , (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri , (7) Konkani , (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Oriya, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu (19) Bodo , (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri .
What are the top 5 languages spoken in India?
As per the 2011 Census of India, languages by highest number of speakers are as follows: Hindi , Bengali , Marathi , Telugu , Tamil , Gujarati, Urdu , Kannada , Odia, Malayalam.
How many languages are spoken in India?
The Eighth Schedule of the Constitution consists of the following 22 languages –Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Bodo, Santhali, Maithili and Dogri.
What are the 23 spoken languages in India?
|Languages of India|
|Official||Assamese Bengali Bodo Dogri English Gujarati Hindi Kannada Kashmiri Konkani Maithili Malayalam Marathi Meitei Nepali Odia Punjabi Sanskrit Santali Sindhi Tamil Telugu Urdu (total: 23, including 22 8th Schedule languages and additional official language, English)|
Which language is oldest in India?
And while it may not be known to a lot of people on our planet, today Tamil is spoken by around 78 million people which makes it the longest surviving language in the world. Sanskrit : Next in line is Sanskrit , the ancient language of India which can be traced back to 2000BC in its earliest written form. .
What is the oldest language in world?
The Tamil language is recognized as the oldest language in the world and it is the oldest language of the Dravidian family. This language had a presence even around 5,000 years ago.
Which is toughest language in India?
Google admits Malayalam (official language of Kerala State) to be the toughest language in India. It is both difficult to learn and speak as compared to any other language in India. It might be the second toughest language in the world after Chinese. It belongs to the dravidian family.
Which is the beautiful language in India?
India is famous for its linguistic diversity, and one of the most beautiful languages spoken on the Indian Subcontinent is certainly Bengali . It has a gorgeous writing system to begin with, and a flowing sound that one of the world’s greatest poets, Rabindranath Tagore, used to create his art.
Is Sanskrit older than Tamil?
” Sanskrit is the oldest language. India was a world leader [vishwaguru] and Sanskrit was its important element,” he said. Raja said they do not accept that Tamil came from Sanskrit . Tamil is older than Sanskrit and there is record of ‘ Tamil Sangam’ dating back 4,500 years, he said.
What is the mother of all languages?
Known as ‘the mother of all languages ,’ Sanskrit is the dominant classical language of the Indian subcontinent and one of the 22 official languages of India. It is also the liturgical language of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
Which is the largest minority religion in India?
Islam is a monotheistic religion centered on the belief in one God and following the example of Muhammad; it is the largest minority religion in India. About 14.2% of the country’s population or approx. 200 million people identify as adherents of Islam (2018 estimate).
Which are the richest communities in India?
Top 10 Richest Cities In India Mumbai – City Of Dreams. Delhi – Multicultural Hub Of India. Kolkata – Talent Hub Of India. Bengaluru – Silicon Valley Of India. Chennai – Detroit Of South Asia. Hyderabad – City Of Pearls. Pune – Oxford Of The East. Ahmedabad – Textile Hub Of India.
Do Indians speak English?
India now claims to be the world’s second-largest English – speaking country. The most reliable estimate is around 10% of its population or 125 million people, second only to the US and expected to quadruple in the next decade.
Which is the sweetest language in the world?
According to a UNESCO survey, Bengali has been voted the sweetest language in the world; positioning Spanish and Dutch as the second and third sweetest tongues.
Which is the richest language in the world?
Counting the Words in the Dictionary
|Language||Words in the Dictionary|