The majority of the people in South India speak at least one of the four major Dravidian languages: Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Malayalam. Some states and union territories also recognize a minority language: such as Urdu in Telangana, and French in Puducherry. Tulu is the next most spoken Dravidian language.
- These are recognized as the regional Languages of Southern India. Almost 20 % of the total Indian Population speaks these form of Dravidian Language. However the Official languages of this Part of the Country are Telugu, Tamil and Kannada. Finally Bengali remains the 2 nd most popular language of India, after Hindi.
- 1 Which language is mostly spoken in south India?
- 2 Which is the first language in South India?
- 3 Are Tamil and Telugu same?
- 4 Which is the beautiful language in South India?
- 5 Which is the richest language in India?
- 6 Which is toughest language in India?
- 7 Which is the beautiful language in India?
- 8 Which South Indian language is easy?
- 9 What is oldest language in India?
- 10 Is Tamil older than Telugu?
- 11 Is Sanskrit older than Tamil?
- 12 Can Tamil understand Telugu?
- 13 What’s the ugliest language on earth?
- 14 What is the richest language?
- 15 Which is the sweetest language in world?
Which language is mostly spoken in south India?
While Tamil is the fifth most spoken language, Malayalam is in the 10th spot. Kannada is the only major south Indian language that has seen a marginal increase to 3.73% from 3.69% (in 2001) in terms of percentage of speakers in the overall population.
Which is the first language in South India?
Tamil. Of the four literary languages in the Dravidian family, Tamil is the oldest, with examples dating to the early Common Era. In the early 21st century, Tamil was spoken by more than 66 million people, mostly residing in India, northern Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Mauritius, Fiji, and Myanmar (Burma).
Are Tamil and Telugu same?
NO – they are entirely different – the script is different. Telugu follows devnagri lipi i.e. you read what you write – word to word but in Tamil as in English the phonetics differ depending on the placement of the alphabet in the word. Kannada Resembles Telugu a lot more than Tamil does.
Which is the beautiful language in South India?
Nearly 120 million people from all over the world are speaking in the beautiful Telugu language. Telugu is the official language of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Even the alphabet is very close to Kannada alphabet. Hence the language developed very richly and the biggest linguistic unit in India.
Which is the richest language in India?
Shikha Goyal Hindi – 52.83 crore speakers. Hindi is the most spoken language in India. Bengali – 9.72 crore speakers. Marathi – 8.30 crore speakers. Telugu – 8.11 crore speakers. Tamil – 6.90 crore speakers. Gujarati – 5.54 crore speakers. Urdu – 5.07 crore speakers. Kannada – 4.37 crore speakers.
Which is toughest language in India?
In India, Malayalam (official language of Kerala State) is the toughest language to learn compared to any other language in India. There are few rare sounds in Malayalam language that often does not exist in other languages. Malayalam is very tough because the sounds are very unique.
Which is the beautiful language in India?
India is famous for its linguistic diversity, and one of the most beautiful languages spoken on the Indian Subcontinent is certainly Bengali. It has a gorgeous writing system to begin with, and a flowing sound that one of the world’s greatest poets, Rabindranath Tagore, used to create his art.
Which South Indian language is easy?
Among whole indo-aryan group,Marathi speaking person will easily learn south indian language,especially Kannada & after that Telugu. Because,Marathi is more similar to Kannada than Telugu. Tamil will be the most difficult language because it is least influenced by Sanskrit.
What is oldest language in India?
Sanskrit: Next in line is Sanskrit, the ancient language of India which can be traced back to 2000BC in its earliest written form.. While today only a very small group of people still speak the language, it has had a large influence on several western languages as part of the common Indo—European language root.
Is Tamil older than Telugu?
According to experts, the Telugu script evolved over a period of time – the mother script of Telugu and Kannada being the same. The script began evolving from the time of the Mauryan Empire. Those who argue that Telugu is older than Tamil, peg the date of origin of Telugu to at least 1000 years BCE (3000 years old ).
Is Sanskrit older than Tamil?
2. Sanskrit (5000 years old ) – World’s Oldest Language. Source Unlike Tamil, which is still a widely spoken language, Sanskrit is the oldest language in the world but fell out of common usage around 600 B.C. It is now a liturgical language – the holy languages found in the scriptures of Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.
Can Tamil understand Telugu?
Telugu is a mutually unintelligible language for a Tamil speaker unless he studies it or gets familiar with it, and the same is true for Kannada though it’s a Southern Dravidian language like Tamil. Note: Telugu is not a derivative of Old- Tamil, it’s wrong.
What’s the ugliest language on earth?
Ugliest is by far Cantonese (sounds like people cursing at each other) followed by Danish (sounds like German and Swedish had a messed up child), Welsh (sounds like people chocking on potatoes), Mandarin (the “sh”, “dzh” and “sch” sounds drive me crazy), and Haitian Creole (sounds like the speaker is performing
What is the richest language?
“ Swedish is the world’s richest language, in fact it’s infinite – and it’s all thanks to compounding. “This is where you plug any old words together to make a new one, like ‘dishwasher’ in English. We thrive on this in Swedish, and even words invented on the spot are completely legitimate.
Which is the sweetest language in world?
According to a UNESCO survey, Bengali has been voted the sweetest language in the world; positioning Spanish and Dutch as the second and third sweetest tongues.